School Electronic Systems Improvements, with flexible working
PEL are pleased to have developed a reputation as a specialist contractor to apply its skills in fire detection, CCTV, Access Control, Audio-visual and alarm systems to ensure ongoing protection of life and property in many school projects.
The extent of PEL’s involvement is determined by the needs of each project and could include:
- New fire detection and alarm systems
- Extensions to existing fire detection and alarm systems
- Linking of buildings fire detection and alarm systems, including the use of secure radio technology where ground works make cable routes prohibitive
- Enabling Works to allow refurbishment and building work to take place
- Provision of fire detection and alarm systems in temporary school accommodation
PEL’s policy of allocating the same Systems Engineer throughout all stages of a project ensures the customer has one knowledgeable and ‘up-to-speed’ point of call to ensure the close co-operation needed for delivering such demanding schedules.
Under the Building Schools for the Future initiative, projects that PEL worked on included:
- Bentley Wood High School
- Rooks Heath High School
- Harrow High School
- Hatch End High School
- Cannons High School
- Park High School
- Nower Hill High School
- Whitmore High School
To service its nationwide customer base, PEL operate a nationwide network of engineers who are experienced in working with various types of manufacturer’s equipment. This is enhanced by the extensive use of manufacturers training facilities and ensures existing fire detection and alarm equipment found on the various school sites is most likely to be familiar.
Compliance and working to British Standards is ensured with PEL’s membership of the Fire Industries Association (FIA) and full use of their comprehensive training programme.